BlueRock™ | Concrete Humidity Sensor
Concrete Humidity Sensor
Giatec BlueRock™ is a rugged waterproof sensor for wireless monitoring the relative humidity and temperature of concrete from fresh stage to hardened stage.
BlueRock™ can be placed in the concrete at the pouring time to monitor the temperature and humidity of concrete in-situ. The continuous measurements are recorded on the BlueRock™ memory and can be downloaded at any time during the concrete setting and hardening using BlueRock™ mobile app on smartphone/tablet.
The continuous monitoring of concrete relative humidity and temperature can be used as a QC/QA method. Knowing the level of humidity in the concrete, flooring companies can decide on the timing of installation of floor covering (such as resilient flooring, epoxy coating, or wood) based on the type of concrete materials. Unlike the current time-consuming methods that measure only one data point at the testing time through drilling a hole in concrete, BlueRock™ offers and embedded wireless solution for continuous measurement and accurate monitoring of humidity variations in concrete over time.
BlueRock™ can be used to monitor the temperature and humidity of fresh and hardened concrete. This can provide information on:
- Drying level in concrete floors
- Effectiveness of curing conditions
- Optimization of flooring installation
- Water penetration in concrete
- Monitoring of humidity gradients
- Wireless technology
- Rugged and waterproof design
- Continuous measurement and recording of temperature and humidity (once every 8 hours)
- Easy installation and activation through tying the wires together
- Long battery life (up to 6 months after installation)
- Patents pending
- Real-time data display (e.g. humidity and temperature)
- Free Android and iOS apps for smartphone and tablet
- Interactive plotting of data
- Easy data sharing
- Full report generation in csv format
|Reading Range||Accuracy||Wireless Signal Range||Dimensions|
|Temperature: -30 to +60 °C (-22 to +140 °F)||±1 °C|
|Relative Humidity: 0 ~ 100 %||20 to 80%, ±2%
<20% or >80%, ±3%
|Up to 6-8 meters
|39 x 39 x 20 mm
(1.5 x 1.5 x 0.7 inches)
2 The wireless communication range is reduced as the sensor is embedded deeper in the concrete. The maximum recommended concrete depth for embedding the sensor in the field is 5 cm. At this depth, the user can communicate with the sensor within a couple of meters.
3 Normal operating range: 0-80%RH, beyond this limit sensor may read a reversible offset with slow kinetics (+3%RH after 60h at humidity >80%RH).
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice.
|900068||BlueRock™ sensor||Temperature and relative humidity temperature for monitoring fresh concrete in real-time.|