Perma2™ | Rapid Chloride Permeability
Rapid Chloride Permeability
Giatec Perma2™ is a completely re-engineered laboratory test device for the measurement of the electrical resistance of concrete against the penetration of chloride (RCPT) according to the standard methods such as ASTM C1202, AASHTO T277 and ASTM C1760. The measurement data can be used to estimate the chloride diffusion coefficient of concrete for the service life prediction and design of concrete structures as well as the durability-based quality control of concrete.
Perma2™ is electrically certified for rapid chloride penetrability test in concrete laboratories and its measuring cell sizes are according to the ASTM and AASHTO specifications. Equipped with a verification kit, Perma2™ is an accurate test device for concrete labs.
- Stand alone operation
- Accurate (±0.1 mA)
- Auto-seal cells with rubber gasket and spacer (i.e. does not require caulking)
- Flexible logging interval time (1 to 10 min)
- Automatic temperature control system
- Four measurement channels
- User-friendly PC software (optional)
- Customizable setup
- USB connection to computer (optional)
- Verification kit accessory (optional)
- Single-person operation device
- Maintenance-free electrode
- Tablet/Smart-phone operation device
- Upside down operation capability
- Easy grid generation (on Tablet or Smartphone)
- Fast data assignment to grid points
- Real-time contour plotting
- Automated temperature correction
- Easy data sharing
- Wireless V4.0 LE technology
|Applied Voltage||60 ± 0.1 V|
|Range of current measurement||0 ~ 500 mA ± 0.1 mA|
|Temperature measurement range||0 ~ 100°C|
|Short circuit protection system||Yes|
|Measurement display on LCD||Yes|
|Remaining time display on LCD||Yes|
|LCD display area||65×33 mm|
|Dimensions of Perma2™ Device||280x240x104 mm|
|Operating temperature||15 ~ 45 °C|
|Operating humidity||30 ~ 80%|
|Storage temperature||0 ~ 70°C|
|Operating voltage/current||100 ~ 240 V, 50-60Hz|
|900070||Perma2™ Rapid Chloride Permeability Test – Full Package-115V||Perma2™ unit, Four set of test cells , For set of temperature sensors, Four pairs of test cables, Power cord, USB cable, User manual, Communication software, Standard Sample Preparation Package-115V, Verification Kit, Traceable certificate of calibration|
|900073||Perma2™ Rapid Chloride Permeability Test – Full Package-230V||Perma2™ unit, Four set of test cells , For set of temperature sensors, Four pairs of test cables, Power cord, USB cable, User manual, Communication software, Standard Sample Preparation Package-230V, Verification Kit, Traceable certificate of calibration|
|900071||Perma2™ Test Package||Perma2™ unit, Four set of test cells , For set of temperature sensors, Four pairs of test cables, Power cord, USB cable, User manual, Communication software, Verification Kit, Traceable certificate of calibration|
|900042||Sample Preparation Package-115V||Vacuum pump, Vacuum desiccator (single outlet, ID 24 cm, 8.8L), Vacuum gauge, Vacuum and water hosing setup|
|900043||Sample Preparation Package-230V||Vacuum pump, Vacuum desiccator (single outlet, ID 24 cm, 8.8L), Vacuum gauge, Vacuum and water hosing setup|
|900103||Enhanced Preparation Package-115V||Vacuum pump, Vacuum desiccator(double outlet, ID 35 cm, 10L), Vacuum gauge, Vacuum and water hosing set up|
|900104||Enhanced Preparation Package-230V||Vacuum pump, Vacuum desiccator(double outlet, ID 35 cm, 10L), Vacuum gauge, Vacuum and water hosing set up|
The following replacement parts are available upon request:
|900072||Perma2™ Device||Perma2™ unit, Four set of temperature sensors, Four pairs of test cables, Power cord, USB cable, User manual, Communication software|
|900064||Verification Kit||Verification kit is required to verify the test results|
|900021||Test Cell||Plexiglas holder, Rubber gasket cast (4″ Dia), Stainless steel mesh, Plastic spacer,Bolts, Nuts|
|900027||Stainless Steel Mesh – Pair||130 mm diameter|
|900028||Rubber Gasket Cast – Pair||100 mm (4″) diameter|
|900039||Rubber Gasket Core – Pair||95 mm (3.75″) diameter|
|900022||Test Cable Set||Test cable with banana male plug|
|900023||Temperature Sensor||Digital temperature sensor|
|900024||Vacuum Pump Assembly-115||Vacuum pump, Vacuum gauge|
|900025||Vacuum Pump Assembly-230||Vacuum pump, Vacuum gauge|
|900026||Vacuum Desiccator Assembly||Vacuum desiccator, Vacuum and water hosing setup|
|900027||Enhanced Vacuum Desiccator Assembly||Vacuum desiccator (double outlet, ID 35 cm, 10L), Digital vacuum gauge, Vacuum and water hosing setup|
|900093||NaCl Sodium Chloride Solution||One gallon of 3.0% NaCl Solution|
|900029||NaOH Sodium Hydroxide Solution||One gallon of 3.0% NaOH Solution|
Q1: What vacuum pressure is the vacuum pump setup for conditioning the specimens?
A: According to the ASTM C1202, a vacuum pressure of 50 mm Hg should be applied. This is equivalent to a maximum of about -28 in Hg on the pressure gauge supplied with the Perma2™ vaccum pump. So, it is required to keep the pressure using the vacuum pump supplied, less than -28 in Hg during the conditioning of the RCPT specimens.
Q2: Is caulking required for the testing cell ?
A: No, caulking is not needed for Perma testing cell. The specimen should have epoxy coating, in order to keep the chloride penetration one-dimensional.
- Ahmed, M. S., Kayali, O., & Anderson, W. (2009). Evaluation of Binary and Ternary Blends of Pozzolanic Materials Using the Rapid Chloride Permeability Test. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 21(9), 446-453.
- Bassuoni, M. T., Nehdi M. L., & Greenough T. R. (2006). Enhancing the Reliability of Evaluating Chloride Ingress in Concrete Using the ASTM C1202 Rapid Chloride Penetrability Test. Journal of ASTM International, 3(3), 1-13.
- Shi, C. (2004). Effect of Mixing Proportions of Concrete on its Electrical Conductivity and the Rapid Chloride Permeability Test (ASTM C1202 or AASHTO T277) Results. Cement and Concrete Research, 34(3), 537-545.